Anacostia AO -94 - Historie

Anacostia AO -94 - Historie


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Anacostia

II

(AO-94: dp. 22 380; 1, 523'6 "; b. 68 '; dr. 30'l0"; s. 15,1 k .;
cpl. 255; a 1 5 "; tř. Escambia; T. T2-SE-A2)

Mise Alamo byla stanovena na základě smlouvy s námořní komisí (trup MC 1829) dne 16. července 1944 v Sausalito, Kalifornie, společností Marinship Corp .; dne 24. července 1944 přejmenována na Anacostia (AO-94); zahájena 24. září 1944; pod záštitou paní Henry F. Brunsové, manželky kontraadmirála Tunse; a získaný námořnictvem a uveden do pověření dne 25. února 1945, poručík Comdr. Thomas H. Hoffmann ve vedení.

Po závěrečném vystrojovacím období olejářka opustila San Francisco Bay 23. března 1945 a pokračovala do San Die go, Kalifornie, kde podstoupila tři týdny intenzivního výcviku shakedownu. 27. dubna Anacostia de rozdělila západní pobřeží a stanovila kurz pro Havaj. Dne 3. května dorazila do Pearl Harboru a přihlásila se do služby u Service Squadron 8, Service Force, Pacific Fleet. O dva dny později plavidlo opustilo havajské vody a odplulo na Karolínské ostrovy.

Po svém příjezdu do Ulithi dne 16. května se Anacostia připojila k Task Group (TG) 50,8 a pokračovala s touto skupinou na Okinawu. Počátkem června dorazil olejář do určené oblasti tankování u Okinawy a doplnil bunkry různých lodí. Po splnění tohoto úkolu se plavila do Saipanu, aby nabrala náklad benzínu, který se rozdělil mezi síly tam na Okinawě. V průběhu srpna a září Anacostia uskutečnila další dva zpáteční lety mezi Ulithi a Okinawou, přičemž v prvním přístavu nabrala palivo a na druhém ho vypustila.

V době japonské kapitulace 15. srpna byla Anacostia v přístavu v Ulithi. O šest dní později se přestěhovala na Okinawu a zůstala tam do 25. října. Olejník poté odplul na japonské domácí ostrovy a 30. května se dotkl Kanoye. Navštívila také japonský přístav Kagošima Kyushu. V každém bodě působila jako staniční tanker na armádních leteckých základnách.

Anacostia začala na Filipínách na začátku prosince a krátce poté dorazila do Manily. Působila ve filipínských vodách přibližně dva měsíce, než 2. února 1946 zahájila další cestu na Okinawu. Z tohoto ostrova plula do Pearl Harboru a 7. března dosáhla havajských vod. Další den zvážila kotvu a vytvořila kurz pro pobřeží Mexického zálivu přes Panamský průplav. Přeplula kanálem pozdě v březnu a dorazila do New Orleans, La., 29. března.

30. dubna se Anacostia přestěhovala do Mobile v Ala. A začala s přípravami na deaktivaci. Byla vyřazena z provozu v Mobile dne 16. dubna 1946 a ten samý den byla převedena námořní komisí. Její jméno bylo vyškrtnuto ze seznamu námořnictva dne 8. května 1946.

plavidlo bylo znovu získáno 28. února 1948 americkou námořní přepravní službou. Během následujících dvou let Anacostia operovala podél východního pobřeží USA; uskutečnil četné plavby přes Suezský průplav do Ras Tanury, Saúdské Arábie a Bahrajnu, aby přijal ropu; navštívil přístavy v Anglii a severním Německu; provedl několik výletů na Arubu, aby naložil ropu; a placené hovory do japonských přístavů Jokohama, Jokosuka a Sasebo.

Dne 18. července 1950 byla přidělena k vojenské námořní přepravní službě (MSTS) a hlášena společnosti Tankers Co. Inc., pro provoz na základě smlouvy o MSTS, byla přeznačena na T-AO-94 a byla provozována jako plavidlo poddůstojnické posádky. posádka civilní služby.

Během následujících sedmi let Anacostia pokračovala ve své službě olejářky. Často cestovala do přístavů podél pobřeží Texaského zálivu a do přístavů Ras Tanura, Saúdská Arábie a Bahrajn v Perském zálivu, aby se chopila ropy. Její náklad byl poté dodán do zařízení v přístavech v Japonsku, Anglii, Nizozemsku a Německu. Olejnice zůstala aktivní až do prosince 1957, kdy se přihlásila do Norfolku, Va. Poté byla předána námořní správě a položena u národní obranné rezervní flotily v řece James. Její jméno bylo vyškrtnuto ze seznamu Navy dne 17. prosince 1957.

Anacostia získala jednu válečnou hvězdu za službu druhé světové války.


Dějiny

Muzeum sousedství Anacostia, které bylo založeno a otevřeno v roce 1967, představil komunitní muzeum Anacostia S. Dillon Ripley, tehdejší tajemník Smithsonian Institution, jako snahu Smithsonian o místní afroamerickou komunitu. John Kinard, místní komunitní aktivista a ministr, byl jmenován zakládajícím ředitelem a využíval své dovednosti při zapojení komunity, organizování a dosahování, aby formoval praxi a směřování muzea. V návaznosti na zahajovací výstavu, která byla eklektickou směsicí umění a artefaktů z jiných Smithsonianských muzeí, vyjádřili místní obyvatelé a členové poradního sboru touhu mít muzeum, které by odpovídalo jejich zkušenostem a historii. Proto byla vyvinuta řada výstav a veřejných programů zaměřených na afroamerickou historii, problémy komunity, místní historii a umění. Příkladem této změny byly výstavní projekty jako Frederick Douglass Years, Lorton Reformatory: Beyond Time, The Rat: Man's Invited Affliction, The Anacostia Story, a sbírka Barnett-Aden. Vzdělávací program zaměřený na přinášení široké škály uměleckých a kulturních zážitků místním školním dětem a dospělému publiku. Muzeum navázalo silné spojení s učiteli místních škol, aby se zapojilo s muzeem do vývoje programu. Kromě toho muzeum zřídilo praktický dětský pokoj a svolalo poradní radu pro mládež. Tato práce založila muzeum jako model pro komunitní muzea a hlavní sílu v afroamerickém muzejním hnutí.

Počínaje osmdesátými léty se výstavní program zaměřil na širší národní témata v afroamerické historii a kultuře se zaměřením na zachování této historie. V čele s režisérem Johnem Kinardem tato práce také sloužila jako platforma pro jeho hlavní úsilí prosazovat vznikající afroamerické muzejní hnutí. Součástí jsou výstavní projekty The Renaissance: Black Arts of the Twenties, Real McCoy: African American Invention and Innovation, a Climbing Jacobs Ladder: The Rise of Black Church ve východoamerických městech, 1740–1877. Muzeum zavedlo pokračující program zaměřený na církevní archivy spolu se sérií vzdělávacích programů o zachování rodinné historie. Toto úsilí zahrnovalo akci sběru, která přinesla stovky místních občanů a jejich rodinných památek, uměleckých děl a historických sběratelských předmětů spolu se specialisty na ochranu a obsah.

Výstava Speak to My Heart: Communities of Faith and Contemporary African American Life byla první ze série výstav, které muzeum představilo ve Smithsonianských galeriích na National Mall. Po tomto úsilí následovala série putovních výstav s afroamerickými umělci a tvůrci. Veřejné programy představovaly národní osobnosti, jako jsou André Leon Talley a Camille Cosby, a rozsáhlé speciální akce včetně karnevalového maškarního plesu a dětského karnevalu. Název muzea byl zrevidován na Anacostia Museum and Center for African American History and Culture, aby zahrnoval tyto snahy.

V roce 1994 muzeum vypracovalo dokumentační a výstavní projekt s názvem Černá mozaika: Komunita, rasa a etnicita mezi černými přistěhovalci ve Washingtonu. Tato průkopnická výstava, která slaví 20. výročí v roce 2014, odhalila transformaci komunit ve Washingtonu, DC, ovlivněnou novou imigrací do města. Z tohoto projektu se vzdělávací programování rozrostlo tak, aby sloužilo širšímu publiku, a podporovalo jedinečné hudební programování, jako je Africa Fête, Musica Latina a výstavní a programový projekt Beyond the Reggae Beat.

V roce 1999 muzeum formalizovalo svůj závazek vůči místním školním dětem zřízením Museum Academy, programu, který nadále poskytuje mimoškolní a letní programování s využitím osnov založených na muzeu, pro 40 dětí ve washingtonských čtvrtích Ward 7 a Ward 8.

Navazující na ranou práci zaměřenou na komunitní problémy a místní historii, nedávné projekty zahrnovaly dokumentaci, výstavy a veřejné programy zaměřené na komunitní umění a kreativitu, dopad školních kapel v District of Columbia a rozvoj Washingtonu, DC sousedství východně od řeky Anacostia a víceletá iniciativa dokumentující opatření občanů při rekultivaci městských vodních cest, zejména řeky Anacostia. Většina z těchto projektů zahrnuje rozsáhlé zapojení komunity, fotografickou dokumentaci, snahy o shromažďování a rozsáhlou dokumentaci o ústní historii. Velká část této práce spadá pod iniciativu Společenství pro dokumentaci komunity. V roce 2006 byl název muzea změněn na Anacostia Community Museum, což odráží obnovený závazek zkoumat otázky dopadu na současné městské komunity.

Během své více než padesátileté historie je muzeum stále relevantní, vyvíjí dokumentační projekty, výstavy a programy, které hovoří o obavách, problémech a triumfech komunit a které vyprávějí mimořádné příběhy obyčejných lidí.


Kde jsme tedy začali?

Tato historická značka z Texasu ukazuje oficiální záznam o tom, kdy byla založena první církevní církev v Hill County. Je to na základě toho, co je nyní dnešní baptistický kostel Prairie Valley a hřbitov přes ulici od něj.

Všechno to začalo, když…

První církev Kristova v oblasti Hill County v Texasu byla založena v roce 1857 sbírkou osadníků v oblasti kolem údolí Prairie. Počáteční záznamy jsou řídké, ale prvními zaznamenanými členy církve byli W. J. Rape a jeho manželka, kteří se přestěhovali do oblasti kolem Whitney v roce 1898. Will Nuckols a jeho rodina by se do oblasti přestěhovali krátce poté. Církev se setkala v jednopokojové školní budově a rané dokumenty uvádějí, že pan Rape vedl první bohoslužby i zpěv. Rovněž je uvedeno, že místní učitel jménem P. J. Sherman byl prvním tajemníkem církve a třídním učitelem Bible.

Tato fotografie, pořízená před rokem 1968, je jednou z mála fotografií, které zbyly z budovy, která byla na pozemku před tou, která stojí dnes. Tato budova by byla rozebrána a odvezena z města na přívěsech do pole mimo město.

V roce 1903 církev koupila budovu a majetek presbyteriánské církve ve městě Whitney a kostel tam přestěhovala, kde zůstává dodnes. Budova v Prairie Valley byla prodána misionářské baptistické církvi a fyzické umístění se nyní stalo baptistickou církví Prairie Valley. Příběh o tom, jak tento krok vznikl, je fascinující čtení.

A zkoumání soudních písemností a listin podaných v letech 1879 až 1910 naznačuje, že na majetek byl nějaký druh zástavního práva kvůli soudnímu sporu, který podala Texaská centrální železniční společnost. Na pozemku byl postaven dům a v roce 1880 bylo zrušeno zástavní právo na materiál a záležitost byla posouzena na částku 279 $. Los byl prodán církvi k uspokojení zástavního práva. Dům na pozemku byl nakonec zbourán a nahrazen mnohem větší stavbou kolem roku 1912. V době podání v roce 1910 byli uvedeni starší Sherman, Nuckols a třetí muž jménem W.J. Roper.

První příspěvek v novém kostele ve městě Whitney činil dvacet dolarů. Církev si v té době nemohla dovolit koupit přijímací chléb a církevní dámy se naučily péct si vlastní. V roce 1918 se Tom Weeks a jeho rodina přestěhovali do této oblasti a o čtyři roky později se pan Weeks řídil evangeliem a byl pokřtěn, nakonec se v roce 1927 stal vedoucím písně a učitelem Bible.

Svatba Margaret Curbo Bertovi Brunettovi v roce 1968. Jednalo se o jeden z posledních obřadů ve staré ‘Towash Building‘.

Podle listiny podané v Hill County Courthouse v roce 1946 část současného majetku prodala církvi rodina Harrisových, signatáři prodeje majetku byli P. J. Sherman a Tom Weeks. Nejzajímavější část tohoto nákupu naznačuje, že svědkem podepsané listiny byl poručík Cdr Charles Loeb, USNR, výkonný ředitel USS Anacostia (AO-94), doplňovací tanker amerického námořnictva, když bylo plavidlo na moři, asi dva týdny po kapitulaci japonských sil!

Současná budova po dokončení. Fotografie byla pravděpodobně pořízena v roce 1971.

V roce 1969 byla stará budova odstraněna z majetku a převezena na místo mimo město, kde zůstala roky. Byla naplánována nová budova a stavba byla zahájena v roce 1969 a práce byly dokončeny v roce 1970. Jedna z nejmodernějších a nejmodernějších budov ve městě v té době se sbor scházel v jídelně základní školy, zatímco probíhaly práce. Tato základní škola je nyní sídlem současné střední školy Whitney ISD Intermediate School.

Tato fotografie, pořízená v roce 2002, je Joe a Clona Blakeney. Joe byl kazatelem v letech 1968-1984.

Joe Blakeney bude sloužit jako první ministr v nové budově a bude tam pokračovat ve své službě až do roku 1984.

Krátce před stavbou budovy, která se dnes používá, církev najala Joea Blakeneye jako kazatelského kazatele v roce 1968. Joe a jeho manželka Clona se sem přestěhovali z texaského žebráku a on zde zahájil svou službu. Krátce po příjezdu kostel otevřel křesťanský tábor Iron Springs na břehu řeky Brazos. Církev na mnoho let plně financovala provoz tábora a v roce 1984 se Joe stal ředitelem Iron Springs na plný úvazek. Dveře tábora se zavřely v roce 1995, ale předtím to sloužilo potřebám tisíců mladých křesťanů z celého státu Texas. V roce 1984 církev zaměstnávala Charlese Horna jako kazatelského kazatele, který zde zůstal až do roku 1992.

Martinova rodina, na počátku Bruceovy služby ve Whitney. L až R jsou: Christina Martin, Bruce Martin, David Martin, Bruceova manželka Debbie Martin, tehdejší starší Bob Dollar držící Emmu Martin, Vannessa Martin a manželka Boba Dollara, Merle.

V roce 1992 církev najala mladého ministra jménem Bruce Martin z oblasti Galvestonu. Bruceova služba stále sílí i dnes, když zde ve Whitney nadále slouží Pánu jako kazatel kazatelny. Krátce po jeho příjezdu zahájila církev dlouhodobý prospěch z oblečení, který existuje dodnes. V té době také byly zahájeny zahraniční mise do Hondurasu, Indie a Thajska. Bývalou knihovnu vedle budovy koupil kostel. Církev také začala v 90. letech pomáhat škole Monterrey School of Preaching.

Hlavní rekonstrukce a přestavba interiéru svatyně byla zahájena v roce 2018 a dokončena do jednoho roku. Byly nainstalovány nové lavice, koberec a obložení, které aktualizovaly funkčnost budovy. V té době byla také přidána knihovna.

Církev pokračuje v nové službě ve své službě zde v tomto jezerním společenství a žije podle své historie jako živé, pracující shromáždění Božího království.


Zobrazte historii svých objednávek v Microsoft Storu

Chcete -li kontrolovat nákupy provedené pomocí účtu Microsoft, sledovat objednávky a zobrazovat faktury, přihlaste se na stránce historie objednávek na hlavním panelu účtu Microsoft. Můžete zobrazit informace o nákupech, jako jsou aplikace, hry a předplatná, jako jsou Microsoft 365 a Xbox Live. Ujistěte se, že jste přihlášeni pomocí účtu, který jste použili k nákupu.

Chcete -li zobrazit minulé objednávky a minulé nákupy, použijte Ukázat a Objednáno uvnitř filtry.

Chcete -li vytisknout objednávku nebo její daňovou fakturu, vyberte Podrobnosti k objednávce & gt Tisk / Daňový doklad.

Pokud máte dotaz ohledně svých objednávek, vyberte Objednat pomoc.

Potřebujete další pomoc? Zde je několik věcí, které můžete vyzkoušet, pokud něco není v pořádku:

Ujistěte se, že jste přihlášeni pomocí účtu Microsoft, který jste použili k nákupu. Pokud máte více než jeden účet Microsoft, přihlaste se do každého z nich a zkontrolujte historii objednávek.

Chcete -li změnit způsob platby za předplatné, změnit frekvenci fakturace nebo zrušit, vyberte Služby a předplatné zesilovačů. Další nápovědu najdete v článku Změna způsobu placení za předplatné společnosti Microsoft.

Chcete -li zjistit, proč si nemůžete stáhnout hru, aplikaci nebo jiný software, přečtěte si téma Řešení problémů s aplikacemi z Microsoft Storu.

Chcete -li se dozvědět, jak zobrazit objednávky na konzoli Xbox One, podívejte se do historie nákupů Xboxu.


Dějiny

Tisíce let, než se evropští průzkumníci a osadníci plavili po Anacostii, domorodí Američané lovili a hospodařili podél jejích břehů a hodovali na štědrosti ryb a mořských plodů, které našli v řece. V roce 1608, když kapitán John Smith vyplul po Potomacu do Anacostie, žasl nad jeho hloubkou a jasností. Kmen, který našel žít v ústí řeky, byli obchodníci a jméno, které pro ně zaznamenal, bylo „Nacotchtank“, což se zdá být odvozeno z původního slova pro „město obchodníků“. V průběhu let se toto jméno vyvinulo na „Nacostine“ a později „Anacostine“, což nám nakonec dalo jména, která dnes používáme - „Anacostan“ pro kmen a „Anacostia“ pro řeku.

V 17. století Anacostanům ztěžoval život, jejich poloha byla volbou pro obchod, ale byli také prvním kmenem, na který zaútočily další domorodé kmeny ze severu. Osadníci přinesli nové nemoci, které sužovaly domorodce po celém Chesapeake, a konflikty, které je také stály život. V 60. letech 16. století těžké časy způsobily, že náčelník Anacostanu opustil svou kmenovou usedlost, která se nacházela tam, kde nyní sídlí společná základna Anacostia-Bolling. Tato země a velká část pobřežního toku řeky na Anacostii byla vypořádána osadníky pro zemědělství. (Pro více informací o místní domorodé historii navštivte DC Native History Project).

V 18. století sloužil přístav Bladensburg jako hlavní centrum koloniální dopravy. Protože byla řeka 40 stop hluboká, dokázala pojmout zaoceánské lodě. Hlavní průmyslová činnost 19. století, včetně stavby lodí na Washingtonském námořním dvoře a zplyňování uhlí proti proudu řeky, podporovala dynamické hospodářství, ale také přispěla ke zničení mokřadů a znečištění, se kterým stále bojujeme.

Vývoj podél řeky vedl ke zničení lesů, luk a mokřadů, které vytvářejí zdravé rozvodí. Jak odtok a sediment ucpávaly řeku a snižovaly její hloubku a jak se počet obyvatel žijících v blízkosti řeky zvyšoval, povodně se staly vážným problémem. V tom, co nyní uznáváme jako kontraproduktivní přístupy, postavil armádní sbor inženýrů řadu hrází určených k ovládání záplav, což dále degradovalo přirozené systémy Anacostie.


Historie a kultura zesilovače

Díky mnoha událostem se Anacostia Park stal místem, kde je dnes. Věděli jste, že když jdete po této zemi, jdete tam, kde lovili domorodí Američané? Zajímali se první evropští průzkumníci? A kde byla získána občanská práva? Naučte se jednotlivé příběhy kliknutím na níže uvedené ikony nebo se posuňte dolů a zobrazte kompletní časovou osu Anacostia Park.

1000-1600: Nacotchtanks

1608: European Discovery

1790: Plánování národního kapitolu

1812: Válka 1812

1861: Opevnění občanské války

1932: Bonusová armáda

1900: Rozvoj parku Anacostia

1000-1600: Nacotchtanks

Dlouho před příchodem prvních evropských průzkumníků se živá indiánská kultura vyvíjela kolem množství ryb, zvěře a dalších přírodních zdrojů v oblasti řeky Anacostia po dobu nejméně 10 000 let. V 17. století byli na východním břehu Anacostie primárními obyvateli indiáni Nacotchtank. Nacotchtankové, prosperující farmáři, sběrači, lovci a obchodníci, žili v blízkosti dnešní letecké základny Bolling.

1608: European Discovery

Angličan John Smith prozkoumal Anacostii neboli Východní větev Potomaců v roce 1608. Smithův příchod předznamenal jak rychlé osídlení země na východ od řeky Anacostia anglickými vlastníky půdy, tak rychlý úpadek Nacotchtanks. Dědictví prvních lidských obyvatel této oblasti žije dodnes pod jménem „Anacostia“, což je latinizace algonquského jména „Nacochtchtank“.

1790: Plánování národního hlavního města

V roce 1790 vybral prezident George Washington jako sídlo nové federální vlády oblast o rozloze 10 čtverečních mil kolem soutoku řek Potomac a Anacostia. Stránka se mu zalíbila, protože Georgetown v Marylandu a Alexandrie ve Virginii, obě založené v roce 1750, již prosperovaly přístavní města podél řeky Potomac. Řeka Anacostia nabízela potenciál pro hlubinné přístavy a byla připravena na významný rozvoj přístavu.

Washington pověřil Francouze Pierra L’Enfanta vypracováním plánů pro nové hlavní město. Koncept města L'Enfant byl založen na klasických evropských plánech, které počítaly s umístěním veřejných budov na významných geografických prvcích, velkolepých bulvárů, které vyzařovaly ven a propojovaly veřejné budovy a parky, a velká veřejná prostranství, která sloužila jako vhodné prostředí pro veřejná budova. Ambiciózní architektonický a krajinný design zahrnoval také podrobný plán ulice, který sahal od řeky Potomac po její východní větev, jak se říkalo tehdy řece Anacostia. Podél východní větve se počítalo s přístavy, trhy a průmyslovými areály.

1812: Válka 1812

1861: Opevnění občanské války

Když v dubnu 1861 vypukly boje mezi unijními a konfederačními silami, bylo hlavní město náchylné k útoku ze strany pro-jižanských sympatizantů v Marylandu i z jiných míst. Kolem hlavního města byl vyvinut kruh pevností a zahrnoval rozsáhlý systém hliněných pevností, které se táhly do dnešního District of Columbia, Virginie a Maryland. Pevnosti založené k ochraně východních přístupů do města, Fort Greble (aktuální den Anacostia), Fort Carroll a Fort Mahan (ležící severně od Benning Road), byly tři z větších rudimentárních hliněných základen ležících východně od řeky Anacostia.

1932: Bonusová armáda

Velká skupina veteránů první světové války, která se vzpamatovala z následků Velké hospodářské krize, pochodovala na jaře 1932 do Washingtonu, DC, aby požadovala okamžité vyplacení válečného bonusu. Téměř 11 000 pochodujících založilo tábor v Anacostia Flats (dnešní Anacostia Park), kde vytvořili chatrče z lepenkových krabic a zbytků dřeva.

Poté, co Kongres odmítl splnit požadavky Bonus Marchers, prezident Herbert Hoover nařídil generálovi Douglasovi MacArthurovi, aby je násilně odstranil. Policie a armáda, včetně tankové jednotky vedené majorem Dwightem D. Eisenhowerem, zaútočily na demonstranty 28. července 1932, srazily a zapálily jejich úkryty. Ti, kteří nebyli v bitvě zraněni, se bez hledaného bonusu vrátili zpět do svých domovů. Přečtěte si více o Bonus Expeditionary Forces March ve Washingtonu.

1900: Vývoj Anacostia Parku

Jmenování McMillanovy komise americkým Kongresem v roce 1901 připravilo půdu pro rozvoj Anacostia Parku. Komise ve svých doporučeních naléhala, aby „byty“ Anacostie následovaly podle modelu východních a západních parků Potomac - aby byly „bažiny“ rekultivovány a aby nové země sloužily jako zahrady a rekreační prostor pro veřejné použití.

Rekultivace zanesené řeky Anacostia a její přeměna na veřejný park byl ambiciózním plánem, jehož dokončení by trvalo několik desítek let. Zákon o řece a bytech Anacostia z roku 1914 vyzýval k „pokračování rekultivace a rozvoje řeky Anacostia“ a přílivových plání.

Aby byl tento úkol splněn, americký armádní sbor inženýrů vybudoval na břehu Anacostie pobřežní zeď, vybagroval dno řeky a pomocí sedimentu vyplnil mokřady za zdí. Projekty výstavby parku a terénní úpravy pokračovaly ve 20. a 30. letech 20. století a přežily řadu překročení nákladů, přerušení práce a nezdary. Toto „vyhlášení“ zničilo přirozený mokřadní systém. V té době však nebyla hodnota mokřadů chápána a obecně se o nich uvažovalo jako o „maláriových bažinách“.

V roce 1933 byla odpovědnost za řízení a dohled nad Anacostia Park předána službě National Park Service.


Anacostia AO -94 - Historie

Fort McHenry v Baltimoru v Marylandu je pevnost ve tvaru hvězdy, nejlépe známá pro svou roli ve válce v roce 1812, kdy úspěšně bránila přístav Baltimore před útokem britského námořnictva v zálivu Chesapeake. Během tohoto bombardování pevnosti byl Francis Scott Key inspirován k napsání „The Star-Spangled Banner“, básně, která se nakonec podle inspirace plukovníkem Calebem Caritonem ve Fort Meade v Jižní Dakotě promění v národní hymnu USA. . píseň byla nastavena na melodii britské písně „To Anacreon in Heaven“. Viz slova v dolní části této stránky.

Řeka Rappahannock je řeka ve východní Virginii, dlouhá přibližně 184 mil. Prochází celou severní částí státu, od Blue Ridge Mountains na západě přes Piemont až po Chesapeake Bay jižně od Potomacu. Název řeky pochází z algonquského jazykového slova lappihanne (také známý jako toppehannock), což znamená „řeka rychlé, stoupající vody“ nebo „kde příliv odliv a odliv“. Toto jméno bylo převzato ze jména, které mu dalo místní domorodé obyvatelstvo kmen Rappahannock

Řeka Rapidan je největším přítokem řeky Rappahannock v severo-centrální Virginii.

Na břehu, matně viděném mlhami hlubin,
Tam, kde útočný hostitel nepřítele v hrozném tichu odpočívá,
Co je to za vánek, který je strmý,
Jak vhodně fouká, napůl skrývá, napůl odhaluje?
Nyní zachycuje záblesk prvního paprsku rána,
V plné slávě nyní v proudu svítí:
„Je to hvězdami posázený prapor! Ach, ať se to vlní
O'er země svobodných a domov odvážných!

A kde je ta kapela, která tak chvályhodně přísahala
Že zmatek války a zmatek bitvy,
Domov a země by nás neměly opustit!
Jejich krev smetla znečištění jejich špinavých stop.
Žádné útočiště nemohlo zachránit nájemce a otroka
Z hrůzy letu nebo temnoty hrobu:
A hvězdami posázený prapor triumfálně vlní
O'er země svobodných a domov odvážných!

Ó! tak ať to bude kdykoli, kdy budou stát svobodní
Mezi jejich milovaným domovem a pustinou války!
Nejhezčí vítězství a mír, ať těžká země zachrání
Chvalte Sílu, která z nás udělala a uchovala národ.
Pak dobýt musíme, když je naše věc spravedlivá,
A toto je naše heslo: „V Boha je naše důvěra.“
A hvězdami posázený prapor triumfálně zamává
O'er země svobodných a domov odvážných!


Přidělen k námořní přepravní službě [upravit | upravit zdroj]

Plavidlo bylo znovu získáno dne 28. února 1948 americkou námořní dopravní službou. Během příštích dvou let uskutečnila Anacostia provozovaná podél východního pobřeží USA četné plavby přes Suezský průplav do Ras Tanury, Saúdské Arábie a Bahrajnu, aby podnikla návštěvy ropných přístavů v Anglii a severním Německu uskutečnila několik výletů na Arubu do naložit ropu a placené hovory do japonských přístavů Jokohama, Jokosuka a Sasebo.


Stručná historie Anacostie, její název, původ a pokrok

Anacostia se objevuje na nejstarší mapě kapitána Johna Smitha, publikované v roce 1612, tam se jmenuje „Nacotchtank“, kapitán Smith ve své „General Historic of Virginia“ nám říká, že on a jeho dvanáct společníků při průzkumu zátoky Chesapeake a jejího přítokové řeky, byly dobře přijaty Nacotchtankou, která byla nejsevernějším z těch indiánských kmenů Algonquinů, které byly obklopeny Irokézy a které byly známé jako indiáni Powhatanů.

V době kapitána Smitha byla Nacotchtank na válečné cestě s „Patawomeke“ na současném Potomac Creek, Stafford County, Virginie.

Asi v roce 1621 byl pinnace Tiger s dvaceti šesti muži vyslán z Jamestownu, Va., Aby obchodoval s kukuřicí s indiány poblíž vedoucí navigace na řece Potomac. Byli napadeni Nacotchtankou a všichni byli buď zabiti, nebo zajati, mezi nimi byl mladý muž, Henry Fleet. Zůstává v zajetí asi pět let. Fleet se naučil jazyk, kterým mluvili všichni indiáni z Powhatan a který poté, co byl vykoupen, velmi výhodně využíval při obchodování za kůže. Během roku podnikl dvě cesty po řece Potomac do Nacotchtank.

Jednu z těchto cest, provedenou v roce 1632, popsal v '' Brief Journal of a plavbě '', originál popisu je v knihovně Lambeth Palace v Londýně. Bylo publikováno, částečně nesprávně, dvakrát E. D. Neilem v „Zakladatelé Marylandu a kolonizace Ameriky“ a poté J. Thomasem Scharfem v jeho „Dějinách Marylandu“.

Jedna pasáž v tomto deníku je pro nás zajímavá, protože odkazuje na současnou stránku Anacostie. Místo Nacotchtank používá Fleet formu Nacostine, ale v prvních zprávách o zasedáních shromáždění a koncilu v St. Mary's, také ve zprávách, které do Říma poslali jezuitští otcové, kteří doprovázeli Leonarda Calverta, a zejména Andrew White, používá se formulář s předponou „A“: Anacostines. (Anacostans). Etymologicky je tato forma možná správnější, i když samotní Indiáni možná použili formu bez předpony „A“, protože často odstraňovali předpony a přípony slov.

Anaquash (e) tan (i) k což znamená město obchodníků.

Toto vysvětlení je pro současnou Anacostii a její okolí velmi významné: vesnice Nacostine (sahající od Bennings na řece Anacostia, odtud podél řeky Potomac pod Congress Heights až po Shepherd's Landing a do Broad Creek Md., Naproti Alexandrii, Virginie ), byly před příchodem bílých živá obchodní stanoviště, která navštívili Irokézové ze současného státu New York.

Dokonce i po založení kolonie Maryland uvádí Leonard Calvert v dopise anglickému obchodníkovi v Londýně tři místa v provincii, která se nejlépe hodí pro obchodování s indiány. Jedním ze tří je Anacostan, kvůli návštěvě Massameke, souhrnný název pro „pět národů“.

Brzy po roce 1668 byly přes ni zahnány části indiánských kmenů, které sídlily jižně od řeky Anacostia. O této době Anacostans osídlil současný Anacostine Island, který se objevuje na mapě Augustina Hermana z Marylandu (1670) jako Anacostine Isle.

Z výše uvedeného je zřejmé, že před lety, než bylo město Washington dokonce uvažováno nebo jeho místo známé bílým lidem, byla malá indická vesnička na východním rameni řeky Potomac, nazývaná Nachatank, tehdy jednou z nejdůležitějších několik malých osad kolem ústí řeky Piscataway.

Jako dobré obchodní místo se Nachatank, jak jej pojmenoval kmen Indů, na počest svého náčelníka Nachatank, stalo známým mnoha dřívějšími evropskými obchodními loděmi a velkým množstvím zvěře, mírným podnebím a nadšením. našli tam domorodci, udělali z tohoto malého přístavu oblíbené místo pro směnu.

Father White, who accompanied Lord Baltimore on a visit describes the Nachatank Indians as a liberal and ingenuous disposition, with an acuteness of sight, smell and taste especially as to taste, possessing a great fondness for an article of food called pone and hominy.

These Indians were descendants of the great Powhatan tribes, who had crossed from the Northern part of Virginia to the Maryland side of the Potomac River.

Reports of this ideal spot on the Eastern Branch of the Potomac, with its mild climate, its wonderful forests, its wild game in great numbers and its great fame as a fishing ground, had spread not only to the neighboring Indian tribes but to the white settlers beyond.

But like many of the Indian tribes the Nachatanks were susceptible to the liquor which the white man had for barter, and first the game of their forests and streams and then their lands were given up to the white man for their indulgences, until they were finally pushed back to the settlements close to the Piscataway River.

Later the white settlers experienced trouble and annoyance from Nacotchtank, the Chief, who with a couple of his warriors would suddenly break in upon their peace and security, and having obtained sufficient fire-water would terrorize the villages by raids of plunder and deviltry.

Later it will be seen this village on the Eastern Branch of the Potomac became known and designated as Uniontown.

Second, The Indian settlement Nacotchtank became the white settlement Anacostia.

The prince of promoters of the Capital City, James Greenleaf, five years or so before the century turn, eighteen hundred, bought on the meanders of the Eastern Branch of the Potowmack, close by the Anacostia Fort. This fort, it can be presumed, was on the heights now within the bounds of Anacostia.

The Eastern Branch ferry connected with Upper Marlborough road where it crossed the Piscataway road which connected with Bladensburg. The ferry was at the foot of Kentucky Avenue and a bridge there was built in 1795 and known as the lower bridge in distinction to that more eastward known as the upper bridge. The Navy Yard created requirement and at the terminus of Eleventh Street was built, 1818, the Navy Yard bridge. That part of the Piscataway road east of the Navy Yard Bridge is the modern Minnesota Avenue. The thin settlement called Anacostia was along the river front near the bridges.

V Daily National Intelligencer, February 8, 1849 is:

"A New Post Office is established at Anacostia, Washington County, D. C, and John Lloyd appointed Postmaster. The new office takes the place of 'Good Hope,' which was discontinued in consequence of the removal of the Postmaster."

On the authority of Mr. Simmons 1 it is stated that the post office designation so continued until 1865 when it was changed to Uniontown to be again Anacostia in 1869.

Right where the crossing of the Navy Yard Bridge on the Anacostia side was complete stood the tavern of Duvall to give the traveler invitation to good cheer. The tavern is there now or rather the shell of it. Not now, is as once was it, the proof of Dr. Samuel Johnson's Boswell-quoted remark: ''There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn."

George Simmons in "Roadside Sketches," The Evening Star, December 5, 1891, has:

"Forty years ago the site of Anacostia was farm lands and was owned by one Enoch Tucker. It formerly belonged to the William Marbury estate and was part of the 'Chichester' tract. There were 240 acres in the Tucker farm, a good part of which was cultivated for truck purposes. Mr. Tucker did not attend to the farm work himself, however, for he was employed as boss blacksmith in the navy yard. The farm was either leased or worked on the share plan. The Tucker farm house stood alone in the old days, and until recently, occupied the site of the present new Pyles block, on the west side of Monroe street, just south of Harrison street and the bridge. In 1854 John Fox and John W. VanHook and John Dobler bought the farm from Tucker for $19,000 and divided it into building lots." 2

The date of the conveyance from Tucker is June 5, 1854.

The advertisements give the rise, progress and con-summation of the promotion.
Daily Evening Star, June 10, 1854:

Notice to Union Town Lot Holders

Persons in arrears with their monthly dues, are required to pay up or their names will be left out of the drawing.

"Deeds in fee simple," "guaranteed clear of all and every encumbrance," will be given to Lot holders paying up in full at any time after the drawing on Monday Evening next.

Daily Evening Star, July 29, 1854:

Homes For All

The Union Land Association having sold and located by ballot the 350 Building Lots advertised during the last two months, are now prepared to sell the remaining 350 lots, "with the privilege of selection."

The subdivision, Uniontown, is recorded in the office of the Surveyor in book Levy Court, No. 2, pages A 83 and B 83, October 9, 1873. Uniontown was between the fork created by the Upper Marborough road and the Piscataway road. To the thoroughfare eastward, a part of the Marlborough road, was given the name Harrison Street and to the thoroughfare southward a part of the Piscataway road was given the name Monroe Street. The other streets of Uniontown likewise were named in honor of the Presidents.

The proximity of the Navy Yard to the bridge no doubt, gave the promoters the belief that many of the employees would take advantage of having a home, with country life adjunct, near their place of business. Uniontown is the first suburban subdivision and because of the river separation is not likely to lose its suburban identity. The Duvall subdivision is to the west of Monroe Street at the river. Other subdivisions fairly encompass the original subdivision.

Mr. Simmons says in the ''Roadside Sketches'':

John Fox and John W. VanHook were the real estate firm of Fox and VanHook for some years prior to 1863. That year it was a firm of commission merchants. In 1864, Mr. VanHook continued as a commission merchant and Mr. Fox became of the firm Fitch, Hine and Fox, attorneys and claim agents. Mr. Fox's business associates are the honorably remembered James E. Fitch and Lemon G. Hine. After 1865, Mr. Fox does not appear in the local directory.

John Welsh VanHook was born in Philadelphia in 1825. At an early age he moved to Baltimore. At Baltimore in conjunction with John Hopkins he did much in suburban development. In 1852 he moved to Washington.

Mr. VanHook was commended by President Lincoln and General Grant for having carried dispatches from Philadelphia to Washington via Baltimore at the time when the last named city was the hot bed of Confederate sympathizers.

He died, April 9, 1905, at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Middleton C. Smith, 1616 Nineteenth Street, N. W. Washington, D. C. He is interred in Congressional Cemetery. 4

The residence of Mr. VanHook, ''Cedar Hill,'' became that of Frederick Douglass, the preeminent of his race. Officially, in the District of Columbia, the only colored man to be U. S. Marshal and the first Recorder of Deeds. The property passed to the Frederick Douglass Memorial Association. '

Hiram Pitts who owned and occupied the property eastwardly, adjoining the VanHook mansion, was vigorous to the day of his death, which was in his ninety sixth year. Long he was employed in the U. S. Treasury.

Of Dr. Thomas Antisell in the History of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia is a biographical sketch in detail with two likenesses. He made a geo-logical reconnaissance of southern California and of the territory of Arizona on an expedition for the Pacific Railroad. For Japan he was technologist of a commission to develop the resources of the northern islands of that empire, and was decorated by the Mikado with, the Order of the Rising Sun of Meijis.'' But a review of his activities takes much type space. Dr. Antisell lived in Uniontown or its borders from 1866 to 1871.

Dr. Arthur Christie was an Englishman who inherited quite a large sum from relatives in England. He purchased fifty acres or so between Harrison Street and the Eastern Branch which he made his home and called it Fairlawn. It was patterned after an English estate with pretentious residence, a lodge, and landscape effect.

In every department of life's work, professional, mercantile or otherwise, honorably to be classified, Anacostia has its exponents. Passed away recently that is, October 14, 1919, did the Rev. Willard Goss Davenport. Without any diminution of practicality on account of it, Mr. Davenport had all the naturalness and goodness of Goldsmith's creation, the Vicar of Wakefield. Of his ministry, twenty eight years of it he consecrated to Anacostia. He was a native of Vermont and in a fiction of fact he, in a delightful work ''Blairlee," portrayed the character of the folks of the Green Mountain state.

When Mr. Fox, Mr. VanHook and Mr. Dobler were crossing the bridge on their way to view the prospective purchase for the prospective town they saw on the river's edge opposite the Navy Yard the mansion of George Washington Talburtt. It is there now except the parts knocked off. It is not so near the edge of the water for a wide area of unsightly land has been made by dredging and dumping in the work of reclamation. In the fifties as in the forties, the scene was the same. The streams from the highlands of Montgomery had united and were just beyond to pour their flood to make more majestic the Potomac. Z "Earth's tall sons, the cedar, oak, and pine" who to full stature had grown even before the days of Lewin Talburtt, the father of George W. were close to the mansion but closer than any other was a mighty chestnut. A little off was the cottage of the overseer (Woodruff) and in sight the quarters of those who did the tillage.

The mansion and its outlook was inspiring. It was a place to be appreciated and appropriate for the tarrying there of a man of wonderful thoughts and of brilliancy in expressing it, if one who could produce a tragedy like Brutus for Edmund Kean to impersonate, like Charles, the Second, for Charles Kemble to impersonate, like Virginius for John McCullough to impersonate for one, who in light vein could unite comedy or who could turn the source of delight to opera.

He who has George Washington Talburtt for his ancestor, not more than two generations in advance he, who strolls here, there and everywhere around these parts and then tells who and what he saw in the strolls in the most delightful way and gives more delight to the most people, he, it is, who told the writer: It is true John Howard Payne and George Washington Talburtt were intimate friends and in their mutuality ''were chummy and rummy." It is not yet forbidden to be chummy but the other exaltedly happy condition is a pleasure of the past, not to return without the country re-reforms.

Mr. Simmons in his ''Roadside Sketch" through and about Anacostia has this to say:

"The late George W. Talburtt, the then proprietor of the Talburtt estate was the friend and boon companion of Payne. Although there was a disparity in their ages, Payne being much the elder, there was something in their virtues that drew them toward each other. Perhaps it was the love of music, for which they were both noted. And then each was of a convivial turn, and each played and sang well. Both were bachelors when the famous song was written, and their companionship was almost inseparable. They would sit for hours together of a summer evening under the spreading branches of the old tree, singing and playing favorite airs, and it is a matter of neighborhood gossip that jolly old Bacchus looked on approvingly on those occasions."

This is an excerpt from an autographic letter reproduced in a biography:

The play which Payne sold to Charles Kemble for 30 lb was at the request of the latter, by the former converted into an opera. Payne adapted in a measure a melody heard sung by an Italian peasant girl, to his original words ''Home, Sweet Home.'' It was first sung by Ann Maria Tree in the Covent Garden Theatre, London, May 8, 1823. As often happens in the literary creations of the ages, not the author but his grantee gets the gold therefor. ''The lowly thatched cottage" if suggested by a reality, may have been the boyhood home at East Hampton, Long Island.

Not under the chestnut tree within the Talburtt domain and the purlieus of Anacostia was the immortal song created, yet it can be claimed, confidently, that under the canopy of chestnut boughs these jolly good fellows under the influence and inspiration of that which "maketh merry,'' blended harmoniously their voices in the acclaim: "There's no place like home."

Uniontown although without sidewalks, or street pavements, these being graveled, was becoming a thriving place. Many stores of all kinds having sprung up to accommodate the trade coming from lower down, in Maryland both by Harrison Street and Monroe Street.

Later on, Uniontown, District .of Columbia, having become confused so much with Uniontown, Pennsylvania, and causing so much confusion in business, it was decided to change its name to its original Anacostia.

Since the reorganization of the Anacostia Citizens Association in 1904 the following are some of the improvements that have resulted directly or indirectly from its influence and activities:

The building of a new and modern Police Station and the establishment of the Eleventh Precinct.

The purchase of ground and the erection of the Ketcham School House.

The laying of new street pavement on 14th Street from Good Hope Road to V Street.

The naming and improvement of Logan Park on Fourteenth Street.

Erection of flag pole and flying of flag in Logan Park.

The installation of granolithic sidewalks in several streets.

Regrading and improvements in U, V, and W Streets. Improvements in Thirteenth Street from Good Hope Road to Pleasant Street.

The Association was very active in getting legislation toward the reclamation of the Anacostia Flats.

Also in regard to the location of the causeway of the new bridge.

It has ever been very active and somewhat successful in getting improvements in the street railway service, and was active in getting legislation in connection with the Union Station Branch of the railway up First Street East.

It was active in getting through legislation for placing underground, the electric conduit of the railroad, and which it is hoped to soon see established through Anacostia.

It was instrumental in getting a new building for the Branch Post Office and in obtaining many improvements to the service here in the collection and delivery of mail.

It was successful in having placed gas lamps in many places throughout the locality.

In having Mount View Place and Shannon Place extended.

Labored earnestly for the extension of water mains, etc., which improvement is now underway.

Instrumental in the improvement to the railroad yard.

Its last success was in getting the express and baggage house-to-house delivery and collection, and the delivery of telegrams the same as on the other side of the river.

We are now working on the project of paving and grading Nichols Avenue, and the placing underground of the electric conduit of the street railroad which we expect to succeed in.

We have now all the conveniences the rest of the city affords, but will continue our efforts to make improvements wherever needed through Anacostia. We are only 30 minutes from the center of the city by street cars and 'are the best equipped of any of the outlying parts of Washington City.

All of the principal business places in the heart of the city deliver goods here, while there are here stores of all kinds which supply one with anything he may wish in merchandise and other household necessities.

1. George Simmons, The Evening Star, December 5, 1891.
2. Liber J. A. S., 78, f. 114. Land Records, D. C, 240 a. 5 r. 31 str.
3. See Topographical Map of the District of Columbia surveyed in the years 1856, '57, '58, '59 by A. Boschke.
4. The Washington Post, April 10, 1905.

Source: Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Washington DC, Committee on Publication and the Recording Secretary, Volume 7, Washington, Published b the Society, 1904.

This page was last updated Wednesday, 13-May-2015 18:01:23 EDT

Copyright August @2011 - 2021AHGP The American History and Genealogy Project.
Užijte si práci našich webmasterů, poskytněte odkaz, nekopírujte jejich práci


Escambia-class oiler

The Escambia -class oilers were a class of twelve T2-SE-A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for United States rivers with Native American names. They were very similar to the Suamico class, differing principally in having the more powerful turboelectric plant of the P2-SE2 transports which developed 10.000 shp.
All ships were decommissioned and transferred to military sea transport service in the postwar period. Several were later transferred to the U.S. army and turned into a floating generating stations, and has served in this role in Vietnam.

1. Ships. (Корабли)
USS Ocklawaha AO-84, 1943.
USS Mascoma AO-83, 1944.
USS Soubarissen AO-93, ex- Mission Santa Ana, converted to water supply ship.
USS Pasig AO-91, ex- Mission San Xavier, converted to AW-3.
USS Tomahawk AO-88, 1944.
USS Kennebago AO-81, 1943.
USS Ponaganset AO-86, 1944.
USS Pamanset AO-85, 1943.
USS Tamalpais AO-96, ex- Mission San Francisco, 1945.
USS Anacostia AO-94, ex- Mission Alamo, 1945.
USS Escambia AO-80, 1943.
USS Sebec AO-87, 1944.
USS Abatan AO-92, ex- Mission San Lorenzo, converted to AW-4.
USS Cahaba AO-82, ex- Lackawapen, 1944.
USS Caney AO-95, ex- Mission Los Angeles, 1945.

  • Florida Escambia County, Alabama Escambia class fleet oiler SS Escambia a steam ship registered in Liverpool USS Escambia Fusconaia escambia a mollusc
  • USS Escambia AO - 80 was the lead ship of her subclass of the Suamico class of fleet oilers acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War
  • Suamico class were a class of 25 United States Navy oilers during World War II. Built to the Maritime Commission T2 - SE - A1 Suamico class - A2 Escambia class
  • Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Betriebsstofftransporter WALCHENSEE - Klasse 703 German
  • Liberty ship Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Eddy - Class Coastal Tankers Historical RFA
  • USS Tamalpais AO - 96 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Caney AO - 95 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Cahaba AO - 82 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • Type T2 - SE - A2 acquired by the United States Navy and converted to Escambia - class oiler USS Tamalpais AO - 96 placed in National Defense Reserve Fleet in
  • Type T2 - SE - A2 acquired by the United States Navy and converted to Escambia - class oiler USS Caney AO - 95 converted to water tanker in 1944 placed in National
  • USS Anacostia AO - 94 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Pamanset AO - 85 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Oklawaha AO - 84 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Kennebago AO - 81 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler serving in the United States Navy during World War II. Laid down on 9 January 1943, she
  • USS Soubarissen AO - 93 was an Escambia - class fleet oiler converted to a water tanker, named for a chief of the Neutral Indian Nations which, although
  • USS Sebec AO - 87 was a Escambia - class fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Tomahawk AO - 88 was an Escambia - class fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Mascoma AO - 83 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler constructed for the United States Navy during World War II. She served her country in the
  • Naming section of the Navy Historical Center NavSource Online: Service Ship Photo AO - 143 United States Oiler History United States Oiler Naming History.
  • States Merchant Marine Academy United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Eddy - class coastal tanker 1953 of Royal Navy National Park
  • unincorporated community located on Santa Rosa Island, a barrier island, in Escambia County, Florida, United States. It is situated south of Pensacola and
  • Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Hayler and Keever, 2003: 14 - 2. UNCTAD 2006, p. 4. Huber
  • a brief respite but was at sea again on 10 September escorting the oiler Escambia AO - 80 to Okinawa before sailing for home on 1 October. After a brief
  • sections: the bow in early 2003 and the aft section in late 2003. Escambia - class replenishment oiler List of Type T2 Tanker names Liberty ship Type C1 ship Type
  • United States Navy Henry J. Kaiser - class oiler USS Abel P. Upshur DD - 193 was a United States Navy Clemson - class destroyer until World War II USS Garfield
  • USS Cohocton AO - 101 was lead ship of her class of fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • River, which forms the western boundary of Florida Escambia Bay and East Bay, fed by the Escambia River and Blackwater River, respectively Choctawhatchee
  • Poseidon. June 4 Tar balls arrive on beaches in Pensacola, Florida. However, Escambia County, Florida officials do not close the beaches. Mississippi has not
  • Osterhaus DE - 164 and Acree DE - 167 on 22 March to escort oilers Kankakee AO - 39 Escambia AO - 80 and Atascosa AO - 66 Whitehurst and Atascosa were
  • Escalante, Neshanic, Niobrara, Millicoma, Saranac, Cossatot, Cowanesque, Escambia Cahaba, Mascoma, Ocklawaha, Ponaganset, Sebec, Tomahawk, Anacostia 16

Cold Water Sank the TITANIC Disaster City.

PREP FOOTBALL AISA Class A Semifinal Chambers Academy 41, Lowndes 17 AISA Class AA Semifinal Escambia Academy 54, Clarke Prep 24 AISA Class. A place called wallace Escambia County Historical Society. AO - Fleet Oilers In addition to bunker fuel for ships, the Fleet Oilers carried gasoline for ships boats, aviation fuel, Escambia Class. USS Kennebago AO 81, Escambia class oiler. Near the Mare Island. Category:Escambia class oilers. media category. Ve více jazycích. Španělština. Není definován žádný štítek. categoria de media. Traditional Chinese. No label​.

Anacostia AO 94 Hist.

The same ship as a Navy Fleet Oiler carried a crew of 250 to 325. Skeleton deck carrying planes Allagash, T3 S2 A1 Ashtabula class, completed as AO 97 USN Allatoona, T2 SE A1 Escambia, T2 SE A2, AO 80 USN Escatawpa, T1 M A2,. Escambia county community development block Vendor Registry. 53 5011, Sailors and Marine Oilers, detail, 40, 42.9%, 0.214, 1.00, $17.82, $17.40, $36.190, 10.9%. 53 5021, Captains, Mates, and Pilots of. Category:Escambia class oilers data. Class Oiler Ship Cap AO MilitaryBest Custom Escambia. 0.35 cttw AFFY Round White Cubic Zirconia Mens Wedding Band Ring in 14k Gold Over Sterling Silver,​. Escambia Class Replenishment Oiler Models SD Model Makers. Cimarron class oiler Escambia class oiler Kennebec class oiler Mission Buenaventura class fleet oiler Patoka class oiler Suamico class oiler T2 tanker. Dd 828 uss timmerman gearing class destroyer ship military patch. College, FL and the School Board of Escambia County, FL Florida. during and after normal class hours through the effective use of the Colleges programs on Colleges SACSCOC polic on substantive change. requests to oIler specific.

The Santa Rosa press gazette ALL ISSUES CITATION SEARCH.

Was a Escambia class fleet oiler acquired by the U.S. Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary task of providing fuel to vessels in. Columbia College Mack Frost. Escambia and Santa Rosa counties each recorded two more COVID 19 deaths on Saturday, I really like our team: GCs Petree adds 8 newcomers to 3 returners with initial recruiting class Blackhawks stun Oilers 6 4 in series opener. Class Fuel Hauler Jobs, Employment. The Navys first fuel ships designed and built as oilers, rather than colliers, the Kanawha class Her name was given to one of the Escambia class, AO 91. Top 50 high school running backs of all time MaxPreps. The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers T2 tanker – The T2 tanker Hat Creek in August 1943 ○ The T2 tanker Pendleton bow in. Collective Bargaining Agreements U.S. Department of Labor. Of course, there was no problem of resupply of ammunition because the force All the ships were fueled here, and the oilers Trinity and Pecos refilled with oil were the Tappahannock, Neches, Suamico, Ashtabula, Kankakee, Escambia,.

USS Escambia AO 80 Military Fandom.

1 and Denver Classroom Teachers Association Addendum 1984 Escambia County District School Board and Escambia Education Support Oilers IBFO, Service Employees International Union SEIU, AFL CIO CLC, Local 1221 1998 ​. US NAVY USS Ocklawaha Ao 84 Escambia Class Replenishment. This was the first of a series of eight ESCAMBIA or 80 class fleet oilers. Shakedown cruise was held in the San Francisco San Pedro San Diego area.

AUb I ZU1f Florida Department of Education.

The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for. Tamalpais AO 96 Haze Gray & Underway. USS Caney AO 95 Escambia class replenishment oiler patch. Escambia class Oilers Allied Warships of WWII. The Class of 1945W as part of the Navys wartime ROTC program. He served in the South Pacific aboard the U.S.S Escambia, a Navy oiler,.

Barrancas National Cemetery Surnames Ko Lam Escambia.

The USS Escambia was the first of eight Escambia Class Fleet Oilers, commissioned by the Navy on 28 October 1943, supplying the Third Fleet. Unknown Carrier watches over an unknown oiler as it goes through. Pages in category Escambia class oilers. The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total. This list may not reflect recent changes learn more.

CAHABA AO 82 NavalCoverMuseum.

Chiwawa Class – June 1942. Kennebec Class Escambia Class – April 1943. USS Cimarron, first of the Navys many World War II era T3 S2 A1 type oilers. United States Armed Forces Kylar Fandom. Fleet Oiler Lineage. Hull No. Ship Name. Třída. Builder. Fiscal Year. Ordered Escambia. Escambia T2 SE A2. Marinship. FY43. 10 28 1943. AO 81. Escambia AO 80 Class Shipscribe. Our ship was a Fleet Tanker or Fleet Oiler, the first of its class, the USS Escambia length 523 feet 6 inches, beam 68 feet, draft 30 feet ten inches, speed 16 knots.

Port Orford Today! Sv. 14, 15 HOME z.com.

The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for United States rivers with Native American names. USS Nemasket AOG 10, Patapsco Class Gasoline Tanker. Model. Starting from welders arc strike on deck of ship. The USS Ponaganset AO 86 was a T 2 tanker, a Escambia class Fleet Oiler, built at Marinship in Sausalito,. USS Cahaba AO 82 Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias. Escambia Class, U.S. Oilers. Photograph of fleet oiler Escambia Mare Island Shipyard 5595 43. Via Specifications:.

T2 tanker pedia WordDisk.

USS Cahaba AO 82 was an Escambia class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the Следующая Войти. GUIDELINES FOR MARINE ARTIFICIAL REEF MATERIALS. Oct 18, 2016 USS Kennebago AO 81, Escambia class oiler. Near the Mare Island Navy Yard on 16 December 1943 soon after completion.

AO 80 USS Escambia Ibiblio.

Was a class of oil tanker constructed and produced in large quantities in the United States during World War II. Only the T3 tankers were larger navy oilers of​. Beans, Bullets, and Black Oil Naval History and Heritage Command. Type, Oiler. Displacement, 5782 BRT. Length, 523 feet. Complement, 267 men. Armament, 1 5 DP gun 4 3 AA guns 4x1 8 40mm AA 4x2 8 20mm AA 4x2. PPT WORLD WAR II ERA PowerPoint Presentation, free download. T2 SE A2 AO 80 Escambia AO 111 Mission Buenaventura AW 3 Pasig ​Freight Supply, the T 2 Tanker, and the later war Victory class ship, They were taken over by the US Navy in 1942, and completed as Navy oilers.

Escambia County, Florida.

AO: Fleet Oilers Hull Number, Name, Class, Type, Camouflage Design, Design Date, Paint AO 82, Cahaba, Escambia, T2 SE A2, 32 5AO, 2 29 44, 6 2 44. Escambia Class, U.S. Oile The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia. Patapsco Class Gasoline Tanker Model airplanes ships aircraft aviation. Custom limited Ask us to make any of the following Oiler or Tanker AO models for you! Fleet Oilers AO 80 Escambia AO 81 Kennebago. Escambia class oiler Visually. USS Escambia AO 80 was the lead ship of her subclass of the Suamico class of fleet oilers. Sports Alabama News. USS Cahaba AO 82 was an Escambia class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the Следующая Войти Настройки Конфиденциальность Условия. BJT2tanker Total Navy. Emmitt Smith, Escambia Pensacola, Fla. Earned an AFL championship with the Houston Oilers and led the league in kickoff returns. High school: After leading his team to a Class 4A state championship and rushing for.

Raymond J. Kragness Papers Collection Guides.

Than the Liberty class for artificial reef construction. Initially The Liberty ship Joseph L. Meek, sunk off Escambia County, Florida in 1976 A few such examples have been a 160 foot yard oiler South Carolina sank upside. V A 7.pdf Escambia County School District. Class Escambia. Tamalpais AO 96 was laid The fleet oiler departed San Francisco on 7 June for shakedown training out of San Diego. On the 16th, she was. 100 years of Florida high school football: The 100 greatest players. Escambia County: Federal Labor Standards Provisions. Page 1. ESCAMBIA COUNTY 32.05. 9.20. OPERATOR: Oiler.$ 23.50. 9.20.


Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) is comprised of the former Naval Support Facility Anacostia, the former Bolling Air Force Base and the Bellevue Housing Area.

It is a 1018 acre military installation, located in Southeast D.C., situated between the Potomac and Anacostia rivers and Interstate 295, in the Anacostia and Congress Heights areas.

The installation is the center of Air Force and Navy ceremonial support, among other missions performed by the nearly 50 military and federal agencies on the installation. Its service to the country, active-duty, reserve, retired and visiting military, as well as personnel deployed around the world, is an important one.

Many of JBAB’s nearly 14,000 military and civilian personnel, also contribute countless hours performing community service and helping enrich the lives of adults and children in the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and schools, during their time away from work.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) is a 1018 acre military installation, located in Southeast Washington, D.C., established on Oct. 1, 2010 in accordance with congressional legislation implementing the recommendations of the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure Commission.

The legislation ordered the consolidation of Naval Support Facility Anacostia (NSF) and Bolling Air Force Base (BAFB), which were adjoining, but separate military installations, into a single joint base – one of 12 joint bases formed in the country as a result of the law.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) history began with a 2005 Base Realignment and Closure Commission (BRAC) recommendation that resulted in congressional legislation ordering the consolidation of Naval Support Facility (NSF) Anacostia and Bolling Air Force Base (BAFB).

The joint base is one of 12 formed in the country, consolidating 26 installations.

With NSF and BAFB sharing a common boundary, military and congressional leaders recognized the opportunity to reduce duplication of efforts and facilities requirements better utilization of facilities and infrastructure and consolidation and optimization of existing and future service contract requirements, capable of generating financial savings.

Years of planning, followed by a gradual transition of installation management functions performed by civilian, military and contract personnel at culminated in the smooth transition of base operating support management under a single, Navy-led joint military command.

Since the BRAC legislation was enacted, Air Force and Navy planners, support personnel and leaders steadfastly worked to ensure a smooth transition to JBAB. The transition began with an initial operating capability on Jan. 31, 2010, when certain installation support functions began to transfer to the joint base construct and reached full operational capability on Oct. 1, 2010.

Provide Exceptional Mission Support and Base Services Through Pride, Teamwork, and Excellence.

Population Served

The installation is the center of Air Force and Navy ceremonial support, among other missions performed by the nearly 50 military and federal agencies on the installation. Its service to the country, active-duty, reserve, retired and visiting military, as well as personnel deployed around the world, is an important one.

Many of JBAB’s nearly 14,000 military and civilian personnel, also contribute countless hours performing community service and helping enrich the lives of adults and children in the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and schools during their time away from work.

Base Transportation

There is NO base shuttle bus service on Bolling, but there is a shuttle bus provided between Bolling and the Pentagon. Bus service departs the base weekdays every half hour with the first bus leaving Bolling at 8:00am, making 6 stops on base and arriving at the Pentagon 30 minutes later. The first bus departs the Pentagon at 8:40am for Bolling and every half hour thereafter until 16:10. This in NOT meant to be commuter transportation for those living on Bolling and working at the Pentagon.

Sponsorship

A sponsor is someone from your new unit who is assigned to assist you in settling into your new location. You must request a sponsor through your unit. You can learn more about the sponsorship program and how to apply through your Relocation Assistance Program or the Family Center at your new installation.

Your Service will appoint your sponsor in writing. He/she will be the same or close to your rank and the same marital status, if at all possible. This person will be knowledgeable about the local community and the installation available to assist you and your family for at least two weeks post arrival, and be someone who is positive and outgoing.

Sponsors’ responsibilities and abilities to be available will vary from installation to installation, depending upon the priority which the installation and unit commanders give to the program however, the Services are making the Sponsorship program a priority as research has shown the many benefits of good sponsorship to service, family members and youth.

Temporary Quarters

The Navy Lodge provides lodging for official and leisure travel for our U.S. Military families, coast guard, and DoD Civilians worldwide.
Located at 12 Bowline Green, S.W. Bldg 4412 Washington, D.C.
Newly renovated family size rooms – Pet friendly rooms – Breakfast to go – Wireless Internet access – Full size kitchenettes – Multilingual staff
For more information visit www.navy-lodge.com or call 202-563-6950/1-800628-9466.

Relocation Assistance

When it’s time to move, whether in CONUS or OCONUS, the Relocation Assistance Program can provide you with information to make your move a success. Individual and family counseling is available to provide you with up-to-date information on such concerns as childcare, schools, housing, employment and medical facilities at your new location. Ask the experts at our Smooth Move & Overseas Planning Seminar. Lending Locker gear is available for check out with such items as: dishes, pots and pans, silverware, toaster, iron, coffee pot, and air mattresses.

For more information regarding Relocation Assistance please contact:

MFSC Information and Referral Services
202-433-6151 or 202-767-0450

Critical Installation Information

Navy personnel should report to PSD. PSD provides pay, personnel, administrative, and passenger transportation services to over 450 units worldwide (including Presidential staffs, Secretary of the Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, 17 flag commands, and 120 Naval Attaches around the world). Support is also provided to more than 9,500 Active and 3,600 Reserve military personnel, including retired personnel, and their eligible family members in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.

Frequently Called Numbers on Base

11th Medical Group (Bolling Clinic) 202-767-5533 DSN: 297-5536

Bolling Area Home Educators (BAHE) 202-574-0229

Bolling Youth Center 202-767-4003 DSN: 297-4003

Child Development Center I (Bolling) (202) 767-2890 DSN: 297-2890

Dental Appointments (202) 767-5626/7/8/9 DSN: 297-5626

DiLorenzo Triservice Health Clinic (Pentagon) 703-692-8810

Family Child Care Program : (202) 404-1454 DSN: 754-1454

Lodging 202-404-7050 DSN: 754-7050

Pentagon – Housing Referral Office (USAF) 202-404-1840 DSN: 754-1840


Podívejte se na video: Safari ya kutisha ya kutafuta utajiri simulizi ya Laiton mtafya sehemu 1B